Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is a degree majoring in finance and accounting too common?




I am at the end of my first year of uni majoring in finance and accounting. I plan on either working at a Big 4 firm or maybe investment banking.





Is this an appropriate course to keep these two career options open?





And this seems like a fairly common combination to have, what can I do to distinguish myself from other graduates? I thought I might try to do some ultra marathons, is this the kind of thing that looks good on a CV?

Is a degree majoring in finance and accounting too common?
A degree in finance and accounting will help you get grounded in finance 101 and basics of business, skills that will help you in the long term.





Now, how you make your CV stand out, whether it is by ultra marathons, being a top-10 American Idol or climbing the Everest is a subjective discussion
Reply:Alot of grads have those degrees, but it's the person and their work ethic that'll set you apart from other job applicants. Maybe add a minor, that might set you apart. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


finance © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting