Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Have any of you become very successful in corporate finance or investing?

If so, can you explain how you came to be - education, jobs, careers, independently studying, reading, classes/seminars, attitude? I am currently reading the book Barbarians at the Gate and the aspects of corporate finance revealed in this book are very interesting to me.

Have any of you become very successful in corporate finance or investing?
I was turned on to Phil Town at a seminar. I was a skeptic at first because I was afraid it was a lot of rah rah motivational stuff. After reading his book on investing, I'm in awe. It appealed to me so much because there was no hocus pocus to it... just solid sound securities analysis, and he made it so simple to understand. I feel happy that I can invest and really know what I'm doing without being afraid of losing my shirt like in 2001. I really recommend it. I put a link to Amazon below.
Reply:I have been investing successfully in various stockmarkets around the world and quit working as an employee. For me, it was a long process to get to where I am. It involved lotsa reading, learning and experience.





I first learned how to change my mindset and views concerning money and finance. I used varied resources like self-development books, CDs, audiobooks, a lifecoach etc.





I learned about reading financial statements and bout financial/investing terms from various courses at community colleges, investment expositions, finance books.





I learned about the stuff I wanted to invest in and looked for mentors that had achived the goals I wanted to achieve. They helped me out a lot and offered a lot of guidance.





I learned how to invest by starting slowly and gradually progressing as I became more seasoned. I finally started becoming more consistently seasoned and profitable after about 2.5 years. It took me 15 months to learn about lot of investing stuff before I was even ready to invest. It took about 4 years in all, but, it's worthwhile because the results have been amazing and I'm living they way I used to dream a few years back.





The beauty is that it has awarded me total freedom. I don't have to go to work when someone tells me to; I take vacations whenever I want to and for whatever length of time I want to. I don't answer or work on anyone's time but my own. I was seeking total freedom and I finally have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


finance © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting