Friday, March 12, 2010

Need advice on getting professional experience in the accounting or finance field?

I am 32 years old. I have decided to go back to college to get a degree in either accounting or finance. I don't have any relavant experience in either field. When I go to the college that I decide on will they still allow me to take part and a internship due to my age? Will I have to me a full time student to get and internship? I don' know where to start can some give me some direction?

Need advice on getting professional experience in the accounting or finance field?
It's never a bad idea to go back to school to change your career. There are no age restrictions on internships available to students (and in fact it's illegal to discriminate based on age), so go ahead and apply. The availability of interships to full time / part time students is best answered by your college's career center. It is likely that they have both.





You should recognize that most internships and even full time hiring opportunities after graduation will be at the bottom end of the pay scale. So you've got to be mentally prepared for that.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


finance © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting