Friday, March 12, 2010

If I am majoring in finance, how long will I have to study for the CFA exam?

Currently I am senior in college and majoring in finance. I am looking to take the first CFA exam on December 1st. I have read that it takes 250 hours of studying to pass this test, and if this is truly the amount of hours needed, i probably won't have time to study for the test and do my normal coursework at school. But I am wondering if I am majoring in finance and have had an internship at an ibank this summer, if my study time could be cut a bit.

If I am majoring in finance, how long will I have to study for the CFA exam?
its a tough , gruelling course with a high failure rate...better to be great at the marks of the university than throw the dice and be OK with the two...the people hiring only look at if you have the CFA or not. A far better strategy would be to complete CFA as you work for 2 reasons. One ..the business will probably pay some of it and will cut you some slack exam time and two...it will really hit home when you use the theory of the courses to practical applications at work. Remember that it is where you want to go...not the job you want right away...you got to earn the right....
Reply:One of my friends is an accounting major and everyone tells her that 250 hours is a minimum... she said that she's heard it is ridiculously hard.

fruit gift baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


finance © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting