Friday, November 6, 2009

Does the college you go to matter for a finance major?

I want to go to school for finance but I also want to go to West Chester University. (It is the cheapest and closest to home). The problem is that it is not well known for it's business school and are more known for it's education degree. I have heard that overall it is a good school but it's business school is only "okay". My question is, does the college that you go to matter? Should I be going to a school that focuses more on business or will I be fine going to WCU?

Does the college you go to matter for a finance major?
The most important part of your college career is that you like the school itself and feel comfortable in that environment. I was a finance major at a very small liberal arts college as well...and it has served me very well. UNLESS you want to go work on Wall Street or one of the big investment houses, where you get your degree will not matter. As long as you get the degree, we all learn the same stuff... for the most part! Go where you want and have a blast!
Reply:Not unless you are planning to work in a large Wall Street firm. Most corporate companies will want you to be a CPA or CMA though, and you can take those exams no matter where you went to College as long as you have enough credits. Once you are a CPA, you shouldn't worry about where you attended school.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


finance © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting