Friday, November 6, 2009

Can an automotive finance company verify employment without authorization from me?

A automotive finance company sent me 3 quotes for refinancing my vehicle. I have since chosen to stick with my current lender. Today, the company called my office to verify employment. In the loan documents they sent me, there was an authorization form to collect this information from my employer. Obviously I didn't sign nor submit it. Is this legal to initiate a loan or proceed without authorization from me?

Can an automotive finance company verify employment without authorization from me?
no - not normally
Reply:Yes, they can because you must have some refinancing or something going on. They have to make sure you can pay the payments.

ginkgo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


finance © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting